Operational Program “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020 opened the procedure for calling project proposals BG16RFOP002-2.089 “Support for small business with a turnover of over BGN 500,000 to overcome the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic”.
Deadline for application: from 11:00 a.m. on February 22, 2021 until 16:30 on 15.03.2021
Questions and Answers: Applicants may ask additional questions and request clarifications regarding the Conditions for Application up to 10 days before the deadline for submission of project proposals. Additional questions can be asked in UMIS 2020 through the module “Electronic application”. We recommend all those interested to submit documents for participation, to follow this section in UMIS 2020.
Total amount of the grant under the procedure: 78 233 200 BGN (66 498 220 BGN from the European Regional Development Fund and BGN 11,734,980 national co-financing).
The budget for the procedure is divided proportionally by sectors of economic activity according to NACE.BG-2008 on the basis of statistical data on the number of small enterprises with turnover over BGN 500,000 in each of the sectors, as follows:
|Sector according to NACE.BG-2008||Budget allocation by sectors (BGN)|
|Sector B: MINING INDUSTRY||267 400|
|Sector C: MANUFACTURING SECTOR||16 225 200|
|Sector D: PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICITY and HEAT ENERGY AND GAS FUELS||378 900|
|Sector E: WATER SUPPLY; SEWERAGE SERVICES, MANAGEMENT WASTE AND RECOVERY||566 100|
|Sector F: CONSTRUCTION||8 598 500|
|Sector G: TRADE; REPAIR OF CARS AND MOTORCYCLES||26 067 300|
|Section H: TRANSPORT, STORAGE AND POST||6 824 400|
|Sector I: HOTEL AND RESTAURANT||5 861 600|
|Section J: CREATION AND DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION AND CREATIVE PRODUCTS; TELECOMMUNICATIONS||3 659 600|
|Sector L: REAL ESTATE OPERATIONS||1 199 100|
|Sector M: PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH||3 191 600|
|Sector N: ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT ACTIVITIES||2 019 200|
|Sector P: EDUCATION||263 000|
|Sector Q: HUMAN HEALTH AND SOCIAL WORK||1 769 600|
|Sector R: CULTURE, SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT||1 020 800|
|Sector S: OTHER ACTIVITIES||320 900|
In case the budget for any of the sectors is not utilized, the Managing Authority may redirect the free resource to those sectors for which the available funding is not enough.
Eligible candidates: Legal entities or sole traders registered in accordance with the Commercial Act or the Cooperatives Act, which are:
- Small enterprises under the Law on small and medium enterprises;
- Have realized a turnover for 2019 equal to or exceeding 500,000 BGN;
- Have registered a total of three selected of them the months in the period from 01.02.2020 to the month preceding the month of application, an arithmetic mean drop of at least 20% from the arithmetic mean turnover for the same three months for 2019;
- They have at least two completed financial years (2018 and 2019) before the date of announcement of the procedure, within which they have carried out economic activity.
Maximum grant amount per enterprise: 50 000 BGN.
The grant provided is below the form of direct grants under section 3.1 of the Temporary Framework for state aid measures to support the economy in the current context epidemic outbreak of COVID-19 “from 19.03.2020
Simplified reporting of the expenses on the basis of a lump sum for operating expenses according to art. 67 (1), p. c / of Regulation 1303/2013.
Aid intensity: 100% grant, no co-financing required.
Eligible costs: Working capital is provided to cover the running costs of applicants to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- activities that have been started and physically completed or fully completed before 01.02.2020, whether or not all related payments have been made;
- costs for activities that are started and physically completed or fully completed before 01.02.2020, whether or not all related payments have been made;
- acquisition costs of tangible and intangible fixed assets;
- costs of goods intended for sale;
- recoverable VAT costs;
- costs of taxes and fees;
- expenditures financed by public funds;
- recovery costs of support received from financial instruments financed by public funds;
- loan repayment costs, interest on loans, bank fees;
- lease payment costs;
- staff costs for applicants, who have received public funding for staff (whether part or all of the funding is personnel of the enterprise) during the period of eligibility of costs (after 01.02.2020 and until the final date of project implementation);
- production, processing costs of fishery or aquaculture products; project implementation date);
- costs of second-hand raw materials, second-hand materials and second-hand consumables;
- production costs, processing and sale of tobacco and tobacco products;
- project preparation costs project proposal, management and implementation;
- costs declared ineligible under CMD № 189/2016 on the adoption of national eligibility rules for expenditure on operational programs co-financed by the European Structural Funds and investment funds (ESIF);
- costs of activities falling within the scope of the ineligible sectors specified in item 11.2, subitem 2), 3) and 4) of these Terms.
Deadline for project implementation: 3 months from the date of entry into force of the administrative contract for granting financial aid.
Applying: Completely electronically by filling in a simplified web-based application form and submitting the form and the accompanying documents through the Information System for Management and Monitoring of the EU Structural Instruments in Bulgaria (UMIS 2020) only with the use of a valid Qualified Electronic Signature (QES) issued by a provider of qualified electronic certification services within the meaning of Art. 3 (20) of Regulation (EU) № 910/2014, through the module “E-application” at the following Internet address: https://eumis2020.government.bg.
The full package of documents on the procedure (Conditions for application, Conditions for implementation and applications) e published in UMIS 2020: https://eumis2020.government.bg , on Internet address of the operational program: www.opic.bg, as well as on The single information portal for general information on the management of the Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund of the European Union in the Republic of Bulgaria: www.eufunds.bg. Source: OP “IC”